RIBA CPD Providers Network
Bricks made the traditional way

The Master’s House | Ledbury HR8

The Master’s House in Ledbury is an impressive Grade II listed timber frame building. A restoration project to repair and regenerate the property for Herefordshire Council was completed in March 2015, and the finished space is now a valued public building and heritage destination.

Founded in 1232, the Master’s House still has many of its original features, including an exquisite timber frame medieval structure which has been carefully and sympathetically restored to its former glory. Imperial-sized Country Blend handmade bricks were selected to sensitively repair and infill the original brickwork, as well as extend the building.

With new life breathed into the structure, which was previously on English Heritage’s ‘Buildings at Risk’ register, the successful restoration project has won a series of prestigious awards, including:

  • RIBA West Midlands Award 2016
  • RIBA West Midlands Conservation Award 2016
  • RIBA West Midlands Building of the Year 2016

Share this Page